The annual CTMA Apprentice Award Program is designed to recognize, support and provide encouragement to apprentices. This initiative helps to increase the awareness of the value of apprenticeship training which will then contribute to an improved tooling and machining industry in Canada. As industry is changing the way skills training is being delivered, the program also now provides awards for pre-apprentices that are receiving introductory trades training.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
CTMA member companies may nominate up to 3 Apprentices and/or Pre-Apprentices (in any combination) annually for the selection committee’s consideration. Rules & Regulations – 2017 and 2017 Nomination Form
WHAT WILL APPRENTICES RECEIVE?
Selected Apprentices will receive an award of up to $1,000.00 and selected Pre-Apprentices will receive an award of up to $500.00. All recipients will also receive a selection of tools, Mastercam training (donated by In-House Solutions Inc.) and other trade-related items (dependent on the level of sponsorship received).
WHAT DO EMPLOYERS & PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS SAY?
- To be nominated and selected for the CTMA Apprentice Award was an honour. By being nominated it told me that my employer noticed my hard work and dedication to the job and the trade. Through winning the award, I was able to pay for my schooling for the year and also purchase some extra tools. Scott Forrest, Industrial Mechanical/Millwright Apprentice, Eagle Press & Equipment
- The CTMA Apprentice Award Program is an outstanding platform to promote the trades. It is a great tool for motivating and rewarding hard working apprentices and pre-apprentices – showing them that effort and hard work do not go unnoticed. Kevin was truly thrilled to receive an award and we are very proud of his accomplishments. Anjan Tak, President, Robust Gear and Industries (Employer)
- I was pleased and humbled to receive an Apprentice Award from the CTMA and to join the respected past recipients. My three years in apprenticeship training have required me to overcome many obstacles and to be recognized for this hard work is truly an honour. Jared-Sean Farewell, General Machinist Apprentice, Anchor Danly – Cambridge
- The CTMA award for apprentices in the trade is great as it recognizes individuals for their hard work and achievements in their apprenticeship. This recognition also gives the apprentices a boost of confidence that what they are doing in the trade is making a difference. Sandra Gauthier, HR Manager, Kapco Tool & Die /JFK Systems (Employer)
- The money I received helped me to buy the tools necessary for me to succeed in the great field of machining. The Mastercam training course also helped me widen my knowledge in the world of CNC programming. Attila Simon, General Machinist Apprentice, Answer Precision (Honorable Mention)
SUPPORT FOR APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING & AWARDS
You can tangibly express your support for apprenticeship and skilled trades training by making a financial donation to the George H. Shaffer Education Fund which was established in 1994. George Shaffer was one of the association’s founding members and, as President of Hartford Technology Ltd., he had a passion for apprenticeship and skilled trades training. Interest generated from the endowment fund is used to support the CTMA Apprentice Awards that will assist and encourage the recipients to continue their training and your company will be acknowledged as one of the sponsors on various occasions.
- Become a Sponsor – Sponsorship Form … Please help support this worthwhile initiative by making a contribution to the George H. Shaffer Education Fund. Revenue from this fund contributes to the awards and prizes that are presented at the AGM in September to the apprentices and pre-apprentices that are selected for an award. We hope we can include your company in the list of sponsors for 2017!
- Submit a Nomination… To be considered, Apprentices & Pre-Apprentices must be nominated by a CTMA member company in good standing by June 16, 2017. Rules & Regulations – 2017 and 2017 Nomination Form
For more information, contact the CTMA office at email@example.com.
If you wish to contribute or start a sponsorship, just click on this link. You can then fill in the amount for your contribution/sponsorship. Be sure to contact CTMA to discuss your contribution/sponsorship further.