Career-Ready with CTMA is designed to support experiential learning opportunities, which is a hands-on learning model where participants learn by doing. The goal is to provide participants with real-world work experience that improves their employability by building their knowledge and skills.
To be eligible for this program, Candidates/Participants must:
- Be a resident of Ontario, be eligible to work in Canada, and meet one of the following definitions: Individuals who want to start an apprenticeship, high school graduate, post-secondary graduate or co-op student, Job seeker looking for full-time employment, and/or existing employees looking to upskill.
Selected participants will:
- Gain practical workplace skills and experience that will help launch their new career or expand their employment opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced tradespeople, skilled workers and other professionals who will provide them with an opportunity to gain real world skills and knowledge.
- Be paid an hourly rate (at least minimum wage) for the duration of their full-time Experiential Work Placement(s).
- Upon successful completion, participants may be offered permanent employment by their host employer.